I
woke up today with the same splitting headache I had yesterday and last night
and it’s not one of those headaches you can put up with either. I’ve been on
the paracetamol pretty much constantly for the last 24hrs which I don't like as
I'm not one to pop medicine unless I really need it. As it’s Monday I had to
try and make it into work for the morning at least to pull the campaign reports
from the system for our client calls! The only thing that kept me going is the
thought that I have my 12 week scan on Wed. I’m really looking forward to
seeing the babies again. It almost doesn’t seem real as the last scan was such
a shock and still in a bit of a daze! I decided to tell work today that I'm
carrying quads. What a reaction!!! I have never seen so many shocked faces. Now
that it’s sunk in a little bit for me it’s amazing to see the way people react
when they first hear quads. I was asked my favourite question again, ‘So did
you have IVF’ I think I'm going to get a t-shirt made so I don't have to keep
repeating the same thing over and over again.
I
feel another sense of calm and peace with this pregnancy now by sharing it with
people at work. It’s quite a big step to acceptance of the whole thing. I had
to leave the office and go to the NHS drop in centre at midday as my headache
was still really bothering me. They checked my urine and blood pressure and
everything seemed to be fine, so there’s nothing they could do. I went home and
ended up back at the doctor at 6pm this evening feeling even worse. It`s
definitely a migraine rather than a headache and I keep wondering if I'm
lacking something in my diet, but I can’t think what as I`ve been making a
concerted effort to get all the right nutrients and drink plenty of water. Who
knows when there are so many little ones trying to get the right nutrients to
grow inside me? The doctor was lovely and reassured me that migraines are quite
common in pregnancy and that unfortunately they don’t really know why they
happen. She prescribed me some codeine which is the least ‘offensive’ of the
strong painkillers. It’s the one least likely to cause birth defects so in
small quantities it should be fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment