The
rest of this week was very uneventful. I don’t think that I’m eating enough as
I haven’t put on any weight in the last 10 days. I need to start thinking about
this carefully because it`s so important for the babies that we all put on
weight. I had another midwife appointment on Friday which went fine. All the
usual tests were good and we discussed the specialist needing to measure my
cervix on Tuesday, why this was important and what the possible solutions were
if they found that my cervix was shorting.
Basically,
with the pressure and weight of the four of them on my cervix there is a high
chance that my cervix could become weak and shorten which will in turn trigger
premature labour. They will need to measure my cervix regularly to make sure
this is not happening, and if there are early signs there are measures which
can be taken to try and stop it from continuing. We also discussed any local
antenatal classes for multipules as the only class which I have seen that looks
relevant is a day course offered by Tamba but it's quite expensive and we really can't
afford it right now. She kindly said she would ring a few people to find out for
me. She rang back later that afternoon with the number for the women at Tamba
who runs practical parenting evening classes. These are only £5 and would cover
a number of the topics which I want to know about like breast feeding options.
You might think I’m crazy wanting to even try it, but even if it’s just for a
very short time I think my breast milk would help them so much! The course
leader is setting up new dates for Bristol with me in mind, so I need to call
her in a couple of days to find out when these will be.
I
can’t believe another week has come and gone so quickly and all I have to show
for it is a bigger belly and a very sleepy head. I have a feeling time is
literally going to fly by and before we know it we are going to be looking at
four little angels.

No comments:
Post a Comment