Friday, 18 November 2011

WK 14: Day 5 - I'm Feeling a Bit Lost

Today wasn’t the best day... I went for my midwife appointment this morning which just felt quite pointless. As lovely as my midwife is it’s hard to get much from the visit as many of the things you would discuss for a singleton or even twin pregnancy don't really apply to me. We tried to listen to the heart beats but we could only hear the twins. I’m really glad I had my scan on Wednesday otherwise I would have been quite worried. My blood pressure and protein levels in my urine were all fine which is good to hear as the risk of pre-eclampsia is far greater for me. I came away feeling quite sad about the appointment  as I just don’t feel  like I am getting all the care that I could or should for someone carrying quads. It’s no ones fault, I just don’t think that there are enough people with experience in higher order multiples within my local network. Reading the guidelines which have been set by NICE regarding care for pregnant women of multiples, they detail a number of dedicated medical professionals with experience of multiplies who should be giving me advice and support but unfortunately I haven’t come across these as yet. I wonder whether Tamba may be able to help with some information, as my search on Google hasn’t brought anything up?

No comments:

Post a Comment