Monday, 7 November 2011

WK13: Day 1 - Food Glorious Food

I had quite a good day today. I was awake loads last night, but it’s becoming a nightly occurrence now so it’s not so hard on me the next day. I can’t work out whether it’s the mattress that’s crap or whether i’m just getting bigger and more uncomfortable having to wake every couple of hours needing the loo and still sometimes needing to go downstairs for a middle of the night snack to help ease the nausea. I only had to venture to the toilet twice last night luckily. It makes me laugh as this is how I was when I was about 7 months pregnant with Luke!

Luke wasn’t in the mood for nursery today. To be honest he hasn’t liked going much at all lately. I’m a bit worried about him as he normally loves nursery and so suddenly crying every time I take him now is horrible for me! We have explained to him that Mummy is pregnant and it seems that he may be feeling it more than I realise. I have been around so little lately as well that he must feel a bit neglected by me. It’s going to be a challenge for all of us when the babies arrive so am going to do everything I can to make sure I still spend quality time with him. Unfortunately he is also going to have to go through the whole natural process of having all of our attention to now having to share it with someone else. In our case four someone elses. It’s going to be really hard for him, and for us! I feel very bad about it.

Besides the nausea I’m definitely in high spirits today! I’ve been eating loads, here’s just what I ate between 9-5 :)
2 Crumpets
cereal
8 crackers
grapes
smoothie
1 pastie
1 orange
tuna salad with egg and potato
bag of crisps
yoghurt

My energy lasted to about 3pm and then I just felt exhausted. If it continues like this I wonder how long I'm realistically going to last at work. I had coffee with a colleuge who’s due in a month and I couldn’t help feeling a little envious when she spoke about her baby. I’m trying to imagine how I would be feeling if I was carrying one and not four. She is so supportive, as is everyone else close to me whom I’ve told. I feel really blessed for that. I try my best at work to concentrate, but it’s so hard when I feel so tired. I also can’t stop thinking about the specialist appointment I have tomorrow. I wonder if they are going to be able to answer all the questions I have. I've not had very much luck so far. 

I was so glad to get home at the end of the day. It was amazing to see Mart and Lukes smiley welcoming faces. Mart really makes me feel happy. I couldn’t have asked for someone more loving and caring at a time like this. The house was all warm and my bed was ready for me to climb into. I spent some lovely quality time with Luke before I went to bed. He is so inspirational, I love the thought of another 4 of him playing and laughing together!

No comments:

Post a Comment