It's been a very uneventful end to the week. I’ve literally eaten, slept and
done odd bits of house work here and there. I manged to waddle my way to
Tesco on Friday to buy some milk and bread and um’d and ah’d at the milk
refrigerator as to whether I should buy 1ltr or 2ltrs. Stupidly I went
for 2! I also came out with a half price wok which at first I
thought could be a good idea so I could balance out the weight on each
side. I soon realised that neither purchase was very clever and nearly
had to abandon both half way home. The weight of my bump is definitely
enough to carry!
I've been on a continuous loop of sleeping and eating this weekend and when
not doing that I seem to be moaning about pelvic and back pain, trying to get
comfortable on a sofa or hunched on all fours over my gym ball. Even
taking paracetamol and my trusty cures of a hot bath or my hot water
bottle don’t seem to be helping now. I’m trying to embrace the pain LOL
(is that possible!) as we are going to need to get acquainted over the
next while. I’m hopefully on track with my weight gain as I’ve been
doing some serious eating the last few days. Lots of protein, diary,
carbs and fresh fruit and veg.
I sadly missed one of my oldest and dearest friends
wedding yesterday. Traveling to South Africa in my
condition wasn’t really going to be an option. I can’t wait to see the
pics! Congrats again Mon and Teddy, love you both loads xxx
I’m
really looking forward to a busy week ahead with doctors and specialist
appointments, friends visiting and an antenatal course with Tamba. Bring it on :)
Hi, really enjoying writing your blog, really interesting journey. Just wondering if you've come across a group of mums of quadruplets in America. I stumbed across them a couple of years ago and this one in particular is great and has links to all the others http://thelifeofsuz.blogspot.com/. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteHey Emma,
ReplyDeleteYour post SO reminds me of the end of my pregnancy! Once an old -really old- man helped me carry a box of cereal and a 2ltrs bottle of milk back home as he saw me sitting down every 10 steps... The walk took about 4minutes to a 'normal' person and it was taking me all morning!! And I only had 2 little ones to carry, so I can only imagine.. Maybe it is time you turn to home delivery for your milk! ;)
By the way, if I can give you one advice that you probably already know, crunchy cereal and dried fruits and nuts are great both for energy and 'good' weight gain and they're also full of vitamins and nutrients and minerals and omega stuff that are difficult to find in other foods. I felt they're like life nectar when you're running out of energy.
I hope you'll keep on coping with the pain, remember soon it will only be a memory!!
You are amazing.
xxx
Hi Emma,
ReplyDeleteYou sound like you're doing so well. I think you are right to just rest, as it must be so uncomfortable. Do you know which is which when they're moving? I'm finding this a constant worry, as for me one twin goes quiet for ages. I start off thinking, oh, he must just be facing the same way as his brother, and ending up in a flap if its more than a day without definite movements that side!! Already had one trip to have them checked out on a Sunday night, and I'm only 27 weeks tomorrow. I am a natural worrier though...
What does your little boy think about having so many brothers to come? Is he old enough to understand and be interested? Or worse, not keen!!
/look after yourself and those boys of yours
Xx
Hi Ladies
ReplyDeleteSorry it's taken me so long to reply to your comments my week in hospital has slowed my energy down a little.
@His Grace Blogger - thank you, i'm so glad you enjoy! Yes I have come across their blogs and they are wonderful. All such inspiring stories. I hope mine end with the same happy outcome!
@Charlotte - Hi lovely, great to hear from you! I'm glad it's not just me LOL that is exactly how I was, it was getting a bit embarrassing. No one offered to help me :(. Thanks for the tips, i'm loving the fruit and nut bars and dried mango at the moment so that's good. I can't wait till it's just a memory! Hope you got home safely and things are good for you and the family. Say hi to Sonny and the boys from me. xxx
@Zoe - Hello :) rest is all I can manage now! I think I can sometimes tell when they move independently of each other, but when they are all going for it there's no way I can. Shame that sounds horrible! rather be safe than sorry though! I really think it's important to know when something doesn't feel right and act on it, even if it is a false alarm. I wish I was 27 weeks LOL I just want to hibernate for the next 4 weeks until they're 'safe'. My boy isn't really that pleased to be honest. He told me to take away my bump last week. I am hoping when he sees they're all boys and all the fun they're going to have together he'll relax and enjoy. Take care xx