Friday, 27 January 2012

WK24: Day 5 - Happy Friday!

I have been meaning to post an update from my scan on Wednesday but just haven’t had much energy to do anything!

My specialist decided to leave the full anomaly scan for weight and measurements until next Wednesday so just did a very quick scan to check babies heartbeats and placental blood flow, they all looked fine!

Otherwise the rest of the week has been rather slow for me. My hemoglobin levels have dropped considerably over the last few days so I have been feeling incredibly tired, dizzy and breathless. I now have an increased dose of Pregaday iron supplement so hopefully my energy will pick up. The only other physical difference I can feel is my bump being much heavier and lower. I know this as an indication that labour is on the way so when I felt the change happening over yesterday and today I was quite worried. Luckily my specialist was around today to do a quick check of my cervix which is still looking ok. She did show me on the screen the sheer amount of blood flow which is moving around the womb and babies and thinks this could account for the heavy throbbing feeling I'm getting. It’s really quite uncomfortable.

There’s not much else to share in my world for today...

Thanks to all my friends and family for keeping me company this week! Another week down :)

night night xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emma, I have literally spent the last few hours reading all your posts and have laughed and cried at all the different bits! You sound like you are doing amazingly well. I have 6 month old twins so can understand (perhaps only a teeny tiny bit) the apprehension, elation and everything in between, I promise there is no greater feeling of accomplishment and pride than getting through a high-risk pregnancy and having your little fighters in your arms for the first time. Stay strong and keep us up to date!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esme

    Thank you so much for your comment and taking the time to read my blog! congrats on your twins :) You really touched me when I read your message as the thought of finally holding my little stars in my arms brings tears to my eyes! It's going to be a long way off even after they enter the world, but I know that it will be truely amazing!

    Take Care

    Em x

    ReplyDelete