It’s
been quite a difficult start to the week. Over the last three days my
body has been doing some funny things which are rather concerning. It
seems that with my womb being almost fully stretched it’s possibly
sending out messages that I’m ready to give birth. I have been having
stomach tightening without actual contraction pain as well as some
horrible period pain like cramps in my lower back and abdomen.
I went in for my check up at the hospital today so they could check the excess fluid around baby 2 (the first twin). Unfortunately this has now got a little worse so they have diagnosed me with polyhydramnios (too much amniotic fluid in the womb). They are still unsure about what exactly could be causing it. It could be very early signs of TTTS , or a problem with the baby not swallowing or maybe diabetes. There are many possible solutions but they need to establish what the problem is first, so I am back in next Wed. Due to the tightening and pain I have been having I also had my cervix measured today which thankfully looked fine. They have decided to sign me off work now so the time has come for me to try and manage this pregnancy the best I can and keep myself and the babies as safe as I can for as long as I can! At the very minimum I would like to stick this out for another 7 weeks.
The team at the hospital are being incredible and are really making me feel as though I am in good hands. At this stage there is nothing we can do other than more tests and monitoring. I'm going to stay positive for myself and the babies, as whatever happens it’ll be ok!
I went in for my check up at the hospital today so they could check the excess fluid around baby 2 (the first twin). Unfortunately this has now got a little worse so they have diagnosed me with polyhydramnios (too much amniotic fluid in the womb). They are still unsure about what exactly could be causing it. It could be very early signs of TTTS , or a problem with the baby not swallowing or maybe diabetes. There are many possible solutions but they need to establish what the problem is first, so I am back in next Wed. Due to the tightening and pain I have been having I also had my cervix measured today which thankfully looked fine. They have decided to sign me off work now so the time has come for me to try and manage this pregnancy the best I can and keep myself and the babies as safe as I can for as long as I can! At the very minimum I would like to stick this out for another 7 weeks.
The team at the hospital are being incredible and are really making me feel as though I am in good hands. At this stage there is nothing we can do other than more tests and monitoring. I'm going to stay positive for myself and the babies, as whatever happens it’ll be ok!
Even though there is little change to the size of my bump, here's my weekly pic
21 weeks pregnant

Hi Emma, our prayers are with you that all will be well. Take care of yourself and now that you have been signed off work keep your feet up and rest as often as you can. Look forward to the day when I bring Liz down and get to meet you all.
ReplyDeleteHi Bron
ReplyDeleteHow are you? Thank you. It is starting to get difficult now and Im really feeling it physically. The uncertainty of it all is probably the worst part!
Im looking forward to meeting you and Mart cant wait to see his Mom and you too.
Take care and see you soon.
Em
Certainly does sound scary. Uncertainty is horrible. I hope those babies stick in there til 28 weeks minimum for you! Did you see that documentary on the woman having sextuplets? I think it was called Sextuplets: the Little Lambs? She was amazing! They were born at 26 weeks I think. I watched it, pregnant and hormonal, and cried an embarrassing amount! Especially as only 4 survived. Not sure how they were concieved, and hope that didn't sound negative. Meant to be positive as she was coping well with an older child (5 I think) plus 4 babies!
ReplyDeleteMy twins are wriggling lots which is lovely, but comparing photos my bump looks like it did at 38 weeks last time. I think you're doing so well with your four-in-a-bump!!
Thanks Zoe! I did see it, and also cried my way though it LOL It was before I found out I was expecting quads and I still remember thinking how amazingly she was coping! So don't worry it was taken just as you intended :) I managed to find a second hand ABC quad buggy woo hoo! I'm feeling super big today, maybe it's just all the food ive eaten. Chat soon x
ReplyDeleteYou look lovely Em! Rest well and thinking of you lots.
ReplyDeleteP.s your little Luke is gorgeous :)
Hi Sue - thank you! I'm getting into the swing of things with the resting. Em x
ReplyDelete