Tuesday, 24 January 2012

WK24: Day 2 - Viability For The Boys!

We’ve reached our first major goal for the boys, but by no means do we want to stop here! It is such a relief to know that there is some kind of viability of them surviving outside the womb however slim and dangerous that may be! Their survival rate goes from 25% in week 24 to 95% in week 28 so I'm still holding tight for the latter!

I was admitted back into hospital yesterday so they can keep a close eye on me, bearing in mind the above. It’s sad to have left home again, but I do feel safe here. I have also been lucky enough to get a single room this time, so no more sleepless nights, YEY! The staff on this ward are lovely!! thanks to all of you for making me feel at home and looking after me so well. And thanks to my wonderful friend Nic for helping me move in, house plants and all :) It’s feeling a little more normal now.

I started my steroid injections yesterday and had another one this morning. They last for two weeks, so at least I wont be jabbed with any more needles for a while. They have also stopped the Clexane stomach injection as you would need 24 hours after the injection to be able to perform a c-section, so they don’t want to risk it in case I go into labour. My cervix was measured today and although it’s shortened a bit they assure me that it is still looking ok, which hopefully means the chances of going into labour now are not to high. I’m anxiously looking forward to ultrasound scan tomorrow to check  babies are happy and growing, my belly certainly looks as though they are!

General niggles and pain remain the same; I have lots of pain in my back, pelvis, legs, and tummy (stretching pain) as well as the old heart burn and shortness of breath. Oh what fun :) I’ve been offered stronger pain killers as the Paracetamol isn’t working, but my theory is to try and hold off on those until I can’t take it anymore!

Mart’s on his way up to see me now, WOO HOO! I cant wait to see a human from the outside world. I was lucky enough to have a visit from my dear friend and my gorgeous son this morning which was amazing! Thanks Lau for bring him to visit xxx


4 comments:

  1. Emma you are such an inspiration. Congrats on your V day!! Hang on tightly you boys :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news! I am following your blog with interest and am rooting for you and your boys. I have GGB triplets born at 29+5 weeks so can appreciate some of what you are going through. Rest well, follow doctors orders and keep those babies cooking! You are doing amazingly well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been reading through your blog after being linked. You and your bump are amazing. I'm from Bath so not so far from home, will be looking for updates all the time now hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi M - Thank you so much! I've got my legs crossed :) x

    Hi Suzanne - lovely to hear from a fellow multiple mummy :) Thank you! I'm finally learning to take orders and relax LOL x

    Hi F - Thanks for taking the time to read it! hope to see you back again soon. x

    ReplyDelete