Sunday, 1 January 2012

WK20: Day 7 - Welcome 2012!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you’re all suitably relaxed and recovered from last nights fun.

01.01.2012 - There’s definitely something satisfying in writing out the first date of the new year. To me it looks untouched, allowing me to clear away all that was before it ready to start completely afresh. What an exciting energising feeling! There’s no doubting my year will be like no other I've experienced before. With our gorgeous dinner and relaxed night at home behind us Mart and I are both ready to take on this year fighting. I’m really looking forward (with some nervousness of course) to the adventure we are about to embark on, the year (if all goes as it should!) that our four little stars are born! WOW!

Luke and I had a delicious start to the new year with some cookie making.

So what else does 2012 have in store?
  1. Not the friendliest to start with but interesting all the same! Doomsday... Myth or Reality? - some religions and conspiracy theorists believe that it will happen, experts say not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon
  2. Olympics 2012 - London are you ready! in 207 days, from the 21st June to the 8th September the world will be descending on us for the Olympic Games. http://www.london2012.com/
  3. If you believe in magic then you need to get ready for the last magic day on the 12.12.12. This year millions rushed to open businesses, get married amongst many other things on 11.11.11
  4. Queens Diamond Jubilee - in June 2012 the queen with be celebrating 60 years as Britains monarch. I’m not much of a royalist but that is definitely good going in any ones book! http://www.culture.gov.uk/what_we_do/honours/diamondjubilee.aspx 
  5. WorldPride 2012 - a worldwide phenomenon and party celebrating and promoting lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues on a global scale. This year the event is in London, with the final parade taking place on the 7th July.
It really is quite incredible that another year has past! Thank you again to everyone who has visited, read my diary and shown me their love and support. I have gained so much strength and confidence from you all! I want to wish you all all the most joyous and happy 2012, see you all soon xxx

2 comments:

  1. Martin sent me the link to your blog yesterday and I've spent the morning reading your blog. The strength that you guys have is amazing! Good luck to you, Martin and Luke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanessa, thank you! Hope you're well. Love from us all x

    ReplyDelete