Sunday, 29 January 2012

WK24: Day 7 - Bumpalicious

I'm struggling to sit up long enough to write a post (bump, ribs and lungs are all fighting each other) so I’m going to do a picture show and tell instead.

All is as well as can be expected with me and the boys. I have been having about 1-2 tightenings an hour with cramps today, so I am keeping an eye on things. Strangely enough for the last three weeks it’s been on a Sunday and Monday that I have had the most, and fairly regular tightenings which is really weird. They then seem to settle down over the course of the week. My only thought on why this could be is that the boys are having a little weekly growth spurt which would mean my womb is stretching that little bit more causing this reaction.

This afternoon I spent some special one on one time with Mart which has topped up my endurance and happy meter for the week. We decided on the boys names which is very exciting and makes it even more real for us both! I’m dying to share them with you but I think we’re going to keep it as a surprise until they arrive.

So here’s my hospital slide show; 


Luke visiting mummy yesterday watching TV 

The view from my window - I can’t complain about that!

24 weeks pregnant bump - I cant believe how huge I look from the front!


My sexy leggings that I now have to wear all the time to keep my blood flowing. They pump up and then deflate on a constant loop and feel like a blood pressure arm band. It was either these or the Clexane injection in my stomach, but because of the need to wait 24 hours after an injection before surgery It was decided it should be these.
 

 Pics of my little stars, baby 4 and twin 2 from my scan nearly two weeks ago
 

 

12 comments:

  1. Your bump looks amazing!! Cannot believe you have no stretch marks.
    Pic of Luke is adorable!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Em

    Thanks lovely! nor can I to be honest. Hope you're feeling better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Emma, I have been following your blog from day one. You are an amazing and also very brave lady. My prayers are with you and I hope, everything goes well for you.
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sobia

    Thank you so much! I really appreciate your support.

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing so so well.... keep cooking those babies and rest, rest, rest whilst you have the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, how wonderful to finally be able to get on here ~ what a beautiful blog Em. Its great to see the pics and see what you have been up to and how things are moving along. I really cant wait to see you my friend. Prayers going up for you & love to all 7 of you. Gentle hugs, Emm (exmouth)xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing. I've got Twin Boys and i've been reading your blog just thinking wow constantly. I'm crossing everything your babies stay cooking for as long as possible. I can only imagine how you'll feel when they all smile at each other and you listen to them play. I think I'm the luckiest mum some days but you'll be that 100x over. Good luck xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I take my hat off to you hon. I thought carrying twins was difficult, we wish you an the babies, your family etc all the best on the upcoming journey xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what an incredible story so far. It's a great blog. Sounds like you're doing so well and already being a fantastic mum to those babies! I was in hosptial for 25 days with my twins and it can feel so tedious but u sound so positive and doing so great despite how uncomfortable it must be! Best of luck and positive thoughts sent ur way, Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been following your blog for a few weeks now, you are doing brilliantly! Your bump looks great! I had my twins when my son was 2, it was a mad time so I can imagine a little what it will be like with 4!!! You will be the star attraction wherever you go :0) Good luck for keeping them cooking for a few weeks yet xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you are doing so well! Love reading your little updates! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi All you lovely ladies!

    Thank you so much for all your incredible words of support and encouragement. If it's been needed any time this week has been the one. I'm feeling a lot better after my scan today, so onwards and upwards to the next milestone.

    Em xx

    ReplyDelete