Thursday, 27 October 2011

WK11: Day 3 - The Journey Starts Here!

I woke up feeling absolutely terrible yesterday! My body was aching from the horrible cold I’ve caught as well as my usual morning sickness. There is no way I could have gone to work, I definitely needed some time off. I’ve literally spent the last two days in bed sleeping eating and thinking! I am finally starting to have clear thoughts about what we can do. I have decided that I would like to carry the babies through the pregnancy no matter what happens at the end… PHEW, it feels good to finally say that and know that it’s what I want. This really is too much of a special gift to bring myself to terminate or selectively reduce the pregnancy. Anyone who knows me will know my personality. I live for the moment and thrive on new experiences in my life. How would I possibly forgive myself for not taking the opportunity which has presented itself to me like this? It’s a crazy and difficult one but it has been placed in my hands and so I am going to let nature do what it did to get me into this situation! I trust that what is meant to be will be and I know that I have the strength of my husband, family and friends to help me along the way. I’ve been told by Tamba that the hospital will strongly advise me to selectively reduce, but this is something that I can’t consider. How can you possibly choose between one baby and another? My mind boggles at the thought. I have also finally received a letter from the specialist today. I have been given an appointment for 8th Nov (13 weeks) I wish it was sooner! There are so many questions in my head. I also spent some time looking into adoption today. This is another very difficult path which I don’t necessarily want to consider but I need to consider and understand all options. If over the next 5 months we are not able to work out a plan for generating an income to support our new family of 7 then we need to be open to other options. It’s not very well documented or I just don’t really understand how it works but as far as I can see you would make the adoption agency aware of your situation as soon as possible and then you would receive advice and counselling. I think it is saying that you would have up to 3 months after the baby is born to make a decision. 

Wow, this is such a difficult decision, but it really makes me appreciate the very hard decision my biological mother would have made and the mental struggle she must have gone through after carrying me for 9 months to then have to give me up. I have a lot of respect for the concept of adoption and my decision to rather carry the babies and give someone else the gift of children rather the terminating really makes me feel a lot better. I just need to understand how Mart feels about this as I think I’m finally finding the strength it takes to continue with this pregnancy! I am so relieved that I now have a clear path and solution in my head, this has been such a difficult 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment