Saturday, 22 October 2011

WK10: Day 5 - Tamba

I decided to call Tamba today, the multiple birth charity who the sonographer gave me the number for. I wasn`t sure what I was going to say but needed to speak to someone. I was transferred to Twinline (their phone support service) and spent a good 45 mins talking to the counsellor about my thoughts around continuing with the pregnancy and the fears that I have about caring for and carrying the babies as well as getting the right care for myself. She was so calming and gave me some very solid advice about taking a step back and slowing down. From our discussion she made me realise that it is still very early days and anything could happen in such a high risk pregnancy. I decide I need to wait until my next scan which will be at 12 weeks as well as seeing the specialist for their advice and take it from there. I won’t lie I was getting quite frustrated that it had been four days and no one had yet called me until finally (4 and a half days later) I received a call late this afternoon from the hospital confirming an appointment for the 2nd Nov (10 days’ time).  We decided to tell a few more friends and family today as we need the input of a few more people to hear their thoughts. We got some very mixed reactions, but mainly sheer amazement. I just keep thinking if only money wasn’t a factor this would be a far easier path to take. This week has been filled with lots of tears and laughter. I have started reading some of the other quad blogs on the net. How inspiring! The pics and videos make me smile and fill my heart with warmth of what could be. I can’t stop myself from imagining life with the quads and a family of 7!

I feel like I am getting bigger by the day, still feeling incredibly ill and sleeping every minute I can. I can’t stop thinking about the changes my body is going to go through and I’m quite scared about it all to be honest. I managed to get off quite lightly with Luke. No stretch marks and my body seemed to regain its shape on its own without any problem at all. Looking at pictures of other quad mums and their bellies, it’s quite obvious that I’m not going to have it so easy this time. I wonder if I will ever fully recover. It’s hard to take this all in and I feel really sad about the reality. 

I’ve been trying lots of things to cure my morning sickness this week, the best have been;
  • Ginger beer – the proper burn stuff
  • Ginger shots – from the amazing food market near my work. They knock your head off but keep the nausea at bay for a good hour
  • Jacobs Cream Crackers – boring I know but they really help.
  • Fizzy water with fresh lemon
  • Tic taks – but I just end up eating them one after another which I’m sure can’t be good.
  • Dried mango and apricots

No comments:

Post a Comment