Wednesday, 22 February 2012

WK28: Day 3 - Week 28 Celebrations!

Can you believe it, after all these weeks of documenting my journey and focusing on the major goal of 28 weeks we have finally got here!!! It really feels like an achievement. I’m so proud of myself and the boys for bearing up and making this a reality, but I couldn’t have done it without the love and support of Martin, Luke, my family, friends, colleagues, the staff here at the hospital and all of you. THANK YOU everyone!

I’m sure you’ve been waiting anxiously for some news after my post saying their arrival was imminent, I’m really sorry for taking my time. I’ve been meaning to post since Monday but have so little energy at the best of times, it takes a bit longer than I would hope.

What’s been happening... my TVS today showed that my cervix is the same as it was last week, so the urgency doesn’t seem so urgent any more. It looks as though these monkeys are staying put for a little while longer. My consultant has been working hard trying to predict when things are about to kick off but we’ve decided that I’m probably going to surprise everyone with a unplanned arrival, and who knows when this will be!

Now that I’ve reached 28 weeks I’ve been given some privileges like being allowed to eat dinner in the dinning room. You may laugh :) but this small thing has really helped my sanity. It’s great to be able to walk around a little and try and build up some of my muscle that has disintegrated in the last five weeks, not to mention having other human contact. YEY!

Look at these super cute prem baby hats that my friend Jen’s sister Ellie knitted for the boys. Ellie they are amazing, thank you, thank you, thank you! and they are so soft. I laid them all out in a row and couldn’t help the wash of emotion which came over me, actually imagining the tiny little babies which would be in them. I’m so excited to meet my little stars now it’s going to be incredible. 


11 comments:

  1. Well done Emma, Martin and Luke. I am thinking of you all and sending lots of love from Kaapstad xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop Whoop! Brilliant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Just amazing! Well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fantastic news. My three arrived at 28. +4, which is what you are today. You've done so well. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, well done Emma. I saw your blog on the tamba site and read it all the other night. You've done amazingly well, looking forward to seeing your birth announcement (although your boys seem comfy, I may be waiting a while!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, you're doing an amazing job of growing your little fellas! Only found your blog the other night and so enjoyed reading through it all. Have Id twin boys almost 6 months old and can not imagine carrying double of that! You're going to have one noisy,crazy fun filled home with all your boys! Thinking of you often and hope everything goes well, Elbo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!! Congratulations! I've been waiting anxiously for your next update! You are doing fantastically! Enjoy your privileges, take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to say Well Done, you have done a fantastic job. Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing amazingly Emma, I can't begin to imagine how you are feeling. I wish I was a bit closer so I could pop in and see you, it has been far too long. From the photos you've put on of Luke, I can see that he is really growing up, I hope he is doing ok with you in hospital, I was only in for a couple of nights before I had Ben and I found in hard so I really admire how well you've coped with it. You have obviously got four determined young men in there for them to hang in there for your 28 week target - well done boys! I keep checking in to see how you are doing, your blog is amazing. Take care. Jules and Charlie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Cuz! Such fantastic news. Thinking of you and your darling little stars xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Luck Emma, Laura has filling me in, wanted to bring cakes in for you but she said it wasn't allowed and visiting times clashed with school pick up time, when you are home I will pop round with some! :) Sue & Ava (Naomoi's friend) xx

    ReplyDelete