Tuesday, 14 February 2012

WK27: Day 2 - Love Is All Around.

What a happy day! Not only did my wonderful husband spoil me with gorgeous roses and dinner (thank you darling!), we've done ourselves proud by making it another week further! The boys now have a 90% chance of survival outside the womb, I cant tell you what that means to me!

Physically as expected everything is becoming gradually more difficult. The heartburn and constipation is horrible and the sciatic pain in my buttocks and legs is quite hard to deal with when you're feeling low. As they say a positive attitude is nine-tenths of the battle but it's easier said than done some days. 4 weeks on bedrest it's getting hard, but never fear I still have more in me ;) The process of turning over in bed or going to the loo is pretty comical as well, the little things we take for granted! Thanks again to the lovely midwives and staff for keeping me comfortable and sane. 

 
My TVS scan yesterday showed that my cervix is still shortening. We discussed my next steroid injection as the one I had three weeks ago needs to be topped up, but this next one will only last for about two weeks and is the last one I can have. Because of my cervix length and the painful tightenings I'm getting we decided not to delay so I was given another one today, with the second in the morning.

We have a full scan tomorrow which will look at the boys in detail, I'm really hoping they'll all be over 2lbs. I have definitely grown in the last two weeks, and the inevitable has now happened, stretch marks have appeared!! I was quite sad when I made the discovery, but really it was only a matter of time.  

I hope you've all had a wonderful special time with your loved ones today.




6 comments:

  1. Wow - what a lovely post! so pleased you were spoilt yesterday - no more than you deserve! your positiveness is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your positiveness is amazing and those babies are very lucky to have you growing them! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased that you had a beautiful day. You just keep on going - you can do it.
    Love you so much
    Mon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for getting this far Emma. You are doing really well. Take one day at a time and before you know it they will have a 100% chance of survival. We are all keeping positive with you. One of the "other quads in the family" (2 boys & 2 girls) has asked me to pass on their regards. They are having their 20th birthday on Saturday. Take care of yourself and love to you all from Jimmy and I

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma,

    Just realised you posted again. Congratulations on making it this far, I honestly think you are a hero, I was in such pain by 32 weeks and I was only carrying two.

    I am thinking of you guys and praying you make it another couple of weeks or even more if possible.

    whatever you're doing keep it up, you are doing great.

    hugs
    Michelle
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for a lovely valentine dinner my love. Sorry you had to spend it in hospital. You are doing SO well and being SO strong and brave. Hang in there my darling!!! Cant wait to see you again and really cant wait to meet our little boys. Soon now babe, soon

    Happy valentine. Thinking of you always!!!

    Your loving husband

    ReplyDelete