Tuesday, 7 February 2012

4d Scan Picture

I've added my 4d (the 4th dimension being real time) scan pic to the 'Clever Little Stars' post 

My normal post for today is below this one.

xxx



4 comments:

  1. Hi Cuz, the 3D scan is amazing! Thinking of you always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma, you are doing amazingly well! I just read your post about breastfeeding and its so great that you are hoping to do this for your boys. As you say it will give them the very very best start.... I did this with my twins, who arrived at 34 weeks (doing me a favour in more ways than one - I thought I would split right down the middle by then, and it also meant I didn't have to fend off the surgeons who were assuming, wrongly, that I would need them!) Anyway, they stayed for 2 weeks in the special care nursery, and I hired a double breast pump from the hospital and sat through rather a lot of delightfully rubbish TV with the machine, in order to fill up all the little bottles for the nursery freezer. I ended up with enough milk for about 6 babies - and it became a joke on the ward when I arrived with all these boxes of milk every day.... So, if you're lucky, and determined, you can definitely do it! I managed to eventually get Lily and Joe on the breast and fed them for 14 months, with Dave's help at night - he brought them to me and put them back in their cot which was a huge help. Dads can be such a big support in all this and I'm sure your man will be from what you've said... so just do what you can - lots of mums of multiples discover they can do more than they ever thought humanly possible - and we also discover just how very human (ie. vulnerable) we are....

    Also today, at my children's school, I met a woman who decided, after having four boys, to try for a girl, one last time. She conceived triplets.... and now they're just about to start in the kindergarten with Lily and Joe. They are adorable (2 girls and a boy). But how they cope with 7 children I have no idea! Anyway, she is alive and well and happy - she has survived! And so will you.... again, very best of luck with all to come xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma
    Really pleased to see that everything is still going well and you're pictures are brilliant - love the 4D scans and the ones of your expanding bump! I'm still in awe of you growing 4 babies so amazingly well!
    I'm wishing you lots of luck with the breastfeeding - of my 5 kids (not all born at the same time!!)I managed to do it with 4 of them - it was one of the twins that never got the hang of it and lost too much weight so we decided to bottlefeed her. The medela swing pump (electric ) is brilliant and I think this is used in alot of the hospitals - someone lent me this with my last baby and it made expressing milk so easy although the whooshing sound as it pumped did make me feel as though I was a cow being milked!
    Being away from your home must be so hard and I really hope that it isn't too long before you can all be together again properly as one (very) big family (obviously not too soon so the babies arrive well and strong!).
    Sending lots of love and big growing vibes to your 4 special boys, Nona xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Kate - love you cuz, its amazing hey :-) x

    @ Liz - thanks so much for such an encouraging comment. I can only hope I will be in the same position with my milk. I produced more than I needed with my son so fingers crossed. Em x

    @ Nona - thank you so much. I can't wait to all be together again. Itll be a while but so special when the day comes. I'm so happy to have reached 27 weeks :) x

    ReplyDelete